DD Scared of dad ?

(9 Posts)

I'm divorced and have 3 kids. My oldest has a different dad to her younger siblings and she seems scared of him. I don't think he hits her but she comes back with bruises. I know he doesn't because he adores her and would never let that happen but she is really scared I mention his name and she starts telling me "no I don't want to see daddy he scares me" and starts tears I don't know he seems a nice guy but maybe its his new girlfriend she doesn't like ?

Has any of your kids been scared of there dad ? What did you do ?

Misfitless Fri 04-Apr-14 16:52:05

How old is your eldest DD, Sweet?

It sounds like you don't even know him!

"He seems like a nice guy" is something someone might say about someone they've just met at the pub, not an ex-husband.

Do you feel like you know him? Take the lead from your DD. If she's scared, take note, don't dismiss it.

When you ask her about it, what does she say?

If you ask her about the bruises she might be able to tell you how she got them.

Misfitless Fri 04-Apr-14 16:52:30

Forgot to ask - has she always been like this about seeing him, or is it recent?

LittleMissGerardButlersMinion Fri 04-Apr-14 17:14:02

Have you asked her why she is unhappy? Did you ask how she got the bruises?

hotcrosshunny Fri 04-Apr-14 21:08:03

I don't think he hits her but she comes back with bruises. I know he doesn't because he adores her

You don't know. You're guessing.

Come on, don't play dumb. This guy isn't doing something right. Your daughter is trying to tell you something.

ArtFine Mon 07-Apr-14 08:31:09

Goodness, she comes back with bruises?!! Did I read that right?

Why are you not finding out where the bruises are from? I wouldn't let him anywhere near her until the truth was found out. Something is deeply wrong.

Also, if my DD was afraid of her dad without bruises, I wouldn't let him near her.

Ledkr Mon 07-Apr-14 08:40:44

Jesus, how much of. Message does the poor kid need to give out? Bruises, saying she's scared, I wouldn't let my dc go within a mile of him until I'd looked into it.

Needadvice5 Mon 07-Apr-14 08:44:52

Surely you're not still sending the poor child to see him?? In fact until you find out what's going on and clearly something is happening to her! You shouldn't be letting any of the kids see him.

Surely you have questioned her about the bruises??

It's your job in life to protect your dc and at the moment you don't seem to be doing it!

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 07-Apr-14 08:45:55

Stop the child going. If this was happening my kid wouldn't get to see this man unsupervised. I would get SS involved if you need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now