Help with toddler who keeps pooing herself

(11 Posts)
Livvylongpants Fri 04-Apr-14 11:22:36

Hi, gross subject I know but I just don't know what else to do, DD is 2 years 7 months and has been toilet trained for ewes since Christmas (she mostly trained herself I wanted to wait until this summer)

The problem I have is that the last month or so she just poos in her pants, up to 3/4 times a day. Her understanding and vocabulary are great and she can tell me that poos belong in the toilet/potty but she just doesn't bother going, she just stands there and poos wherever she is. She knows she needs to go she just doesn't seem to care, she'll walk around with poo in her pants/on bum for ages and just isn't bothered (I tried leaving her for a while so she knew it was uncomfortable/ I don't always notice as her poo doesn't smell much)

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm all out of ideas to get her to go

mummy2bears Sat 05-Apr-14 19:29:09

Hello, no advice I'm afraid but just to say my daughter is 2 yrs and 9 months does exactly the same! She's been doing wees in the potty and toilet since December but poos all go in her pants. I say to her "where are poos supposed to go?" And she says in the potty! She's more than happy to sit on the potty or toilet, she'll sit there for ages then get off walk away and poo her pants 2 minutes later!
Hope so e one can come and give us some advice !
X

Fluffyemenent Sat 05-Apr-14 19:38:51

3 to 4 poos a day is a lot are you sure it isn't overflow constipation? Have a look at www.eric.org.uk

Sid77 Sat 05-Apr-14 19:47:59

There's a loads for toddlers to watch on YouTube for poo potty training, one I remember is about poos going in the toilet so that they can be flushed away and go to their mummy and daddy poos in pooland. I believe it's called poo goes to pooland... Might be worth a look?

Livvylongpants Sun 06-Apr-14 19:16:11

I did wonder that fluffy but its kind if like a poo explosion! Rather than a small amount, when she first started I just thought she had the runs but surely not for 2 months. I've had her in nappies all day today as just need a break from it... But just feel its such a huge step backwards sad

Jims Sun 06-Apr-14 19:23:03

I had this with ds1. Actually putting him back into pull ups took all the stress out of it for a bit. And it was only for a week or two - i was worried about it being a backwards step.
That and telling him he couldn't go to preschool until he did poos in the toilet/potty seemed to work. It was the first thing he said after he managed it the first time - i can go to preschool now! To which the answer was - yes, in about 5 months!

BonaDea Sun 06-Apr-14 19:27:20

I'd say she's just not ready to be out of nappies...

HaroldLloyd Sun 06-Apr-14 19:34:19

My nephew did this and they had a very simple reward chart which was a sticker for each poo in potty, after 5 he got a treat. Worked almost straight away.

NaiceAm Sun 06-Apr-14 19:35:38

What seems to be working for us is a star chart where she works towards something she really wants - a pair of sunglasses, swimming with her daddy etc etc

Livvylongpants Mon 07-Apr-14 12:00:30

I tried the star chart but she just had an emotional breakdown. I know she can do it. She goes to preschool 2 afternoons a week and manages to do a poo on the toilet there. It's just at home, she also does a poo on the toilet at her nans house. I just don't understand :/

Livvylongpants Mon 07-Apr-14 12:00:51

I mean a breakdown over not being able to have all the stars

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now