Terrible twos plz help

(4 Posts)
Mumoftaiba Fri 04-Apr-14 10:52:16

My beautiful dd will be two on mon and god we have an early present the terrible twos! She hits, bites,chucks things at you and she has ruined my wallpaper hmm. The main thing is when u tell her no she doesn't understand it's like its a joke to her she just laughs.she will just aim for her baby brother who is 10 weeks old and then she goes and rips the wallpaper. Plz someone help me because I'm going to go mad

You need to show her who is in charge. Put her in a naughty corner or step. It's easier said than done but eventually she should give up and stay in the corner/step. If that doesn't work try a reward chart. Every time she does a good thing she gets a tick and if she gets three ticks in a row she gets a sweet/toy .

GreggsOnLegs Fri 04-Apr-14 15:36:49

She's also probably jealous and playing up because of new baby and trying to get attention any way she can, good or bad.
Love bombing is good. Give her lots of cuddles and praise. Having a new sibling is a big adjustment at any age.

Good luck! Same here with ds2, 2.5. Nothing I do can make him stop treating everything as a massive joke. And with a six year old, being 4 months pregnant, working part time and with dp who is usually out of the house I frequently fail to see the funny side!

There's only so much chasing / wrestling / retrieving from under the table / marching to his bedroom I can physically do....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now