Please urgent advice!!!

(5 Posts)
Marydidyouknow4 Thu 03-Apr-14 18:08:33

I and my family moved down south from up north so DS with special needs could get a good school to meet his needs. My other Son started a nearby primary school . very good school and he has done well academically within a short pace of time. He is the only one with a different color in his class as other kids are of the same color. He asked me two days ago saying "mum can I have a white face?" I was horrified and assured him he is fine the way he is. I am meeting with the class teacher tomorrow to ddiscuss this as I fear DS is being isolated from activities or he feels left out and wandering if he has a white face things would have turned out better in his school. please I need advice on how to present the matter tomorrow when I meet the class teacher. many thanks in advance.

PirateJones Thu 03-Apr-14 19:26:37

I think you might be reading to much into it, is it any different than a kid saying they want different colour hair or to be a girl like "so and so".

When my 13 year old was about 5, she came home from school wrapped herself in a bed sheet and said "i want to have brown skin and a pretty sari like ...'s mum".

cakeymccakington Thu 03-Apr-14 19:44:05

aww, bless him. i would just tel the teacher what he said and say that you're concerned that he is feeling a bit different and finding it hard. I would expect them to maybe be able to do a class talk on differences and how being different is not bad and that kind of thing.

how old is he~?

Rexandralpf Thu 03-Apr-14 20:27:31

Just tell the teacher what he said. She will want him to be happy and will take steps

Marydidyouknow4 Fri 04-Apr-14 10:29:59

Thank you all for your advice. I hope all goes well and issues are resolved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now