Stammering 5.5 year old gorgeous boy

(3 Posts)
anhady13 Tue 25-Mar-14 12:59:19

Please excuse me as I am totally new to this and may have even posted on the wrong thread. We live South Birmimgham/Solihull area and I wondered if anyone in the area has a son or daughter aged between about 4-8 who stammers with the possibility of meeting up. My gorgeous boy has had a severe stammer since he was 2.5 and he is now 5.5. He has no other issues and is doing very well at school and is otheriwse a confident and happy little boy but he has never met anyone else who stammers and he is now getting self conscious as to the way he talks. I think it would be very beneficial to him to meet a friend who talks the same as he does. We are under our local SLT and I have asked them to put me in touch with other parents of children who stammer but it is not happening. Thank you. I hope I find somebody.

babypup Tue 25-Mar-14 13:53:39

Hi, I don't have any experience with this and don't live in your area but didn't want to read and run so 'bumping' this for you in the hope you find somebody

anhady13 Tue 25-Mar-14 21:46:48

Thank you. That is very kind!xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now