19mo switched routine

(4 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sat 04-Jan-14 09:57:26

Usually 7:30-7:00 with one wake sometimes.
Since the Christmas period some how it's now 9/10pm- sometimes one wake, then back to sleep until 8:30/9:30.

Really not helpful as even though baby number three is due in three weeks, the rest is good, but dd1 is due to start every morning preschool sessions which means being at the school by 8:30.

Help!

Magicstars Sat 04-Jan-14 10:20:02

I've just posted something similar to this. DD 21month was not sleeping til 10pm so I'm querying whether to drop her daytime nap. Is you LO sleeping much during the day?

littleraysofsunshine Sat 04-Jan-14 13:03:20

She has between 1-2hours. Usually 1.5 more recently. When she was going to bed at the 7:30iah mark she was still having 2hours from 12-2.

Like today she woke up at 9:30. Hasn't napped yet but she will probably fall asleep when we go in the car in a bit or be shattered at dinner time (5/5:30) which will result in we not wanting food then still staying up late. I may try and not do the nap today

Magicstars Sat 04-Jan-14 14:50:15

Sounds similar to dd. She used to need a long nap during the day but still be able to sleep at a reasonable time in the evening. Then around Christmas she's not been able to sleep til 10pm if she's napped during the day. This is our second day trialling no nap. Just hoping she doesn't get too shattered in the long-run.
We moved tea time a bit earlier and bath etc so it was the same routine just at different times which is ok as it gets dark so early she hopefully doesn't realise.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now