Board or card games for 3 yo?

(29 Posts)
Brookville Sat 30-Nov-13 21:35:07

I'd like to spend more one-to-one time with DS but it's difficult. He's fidgety, never wants to read stories or play with toys or Lego and it's hard to think of quiet things to do whereby we spend time together whilst his sister naps at lunchtime. (I bake and do gardening with him but we also need to sit down!)
I have Shopping List game but he's not terribly interested; snap, Connect 4 (too hard). Is there anything else out there that works for this age?

Dominos? A picture set with favourite characters is good, but I'm also considering getting some "real" dominos, the "ivory" ones with the coloured spots indented into them - I think they are just good, pleasing objects.

Dobble is more interesting than snap, and it is super-easy to play with a half deck or even fewer cards, there's no need to sort out pairs you just literally pick up half the cards and get started. It involves spotting matching pictures and the only downside is that the pictures are a bit odd and not easy to name - might be better to get a junior version like Dobble Kids or one of the Spot It versions.

DD is getting Busytown in her stocking HighVoltage I am extremely excited about it!

Takver Sat 30-Nov-13 22:50:11

Ravensburger games are definitely good to look out for, we've had loads of them at different times, mostly from charity shops or ebay

Scarlettsstars Sun 01-Dec-13 19:02:39

Hi brook - coming back to this thread late -sorry! I just give her a pritt stick - not very sticky but gets the job done without ending up in her hair! This weekend's variation was pictures of Xmas decorations from freebie catalogues plus the usual bits and a picture if a tree i painted onto a huge piece of paper and blue tacked to the wall. She went nuts for this - long may it last !!

Parietal Sun 01-Dec-13 19:10:37

Doodlebugs is the best game for this age group tht I've come across.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now