3 years old behind

(8 Posts)
NatSebFlorence Sat 12-Oct-13 00:31:46

Hello, I have a lovely 3 year old son, 39 months old, who was born premature and has been late with his milestones. He walked at 2 and 1/2, He has been to OT and PT and has speech therapy through the Council and also privately. We are continuing with all of these but I sometimes feel at a loss with what we are doing and alone because I do not know anybody in a similar situation. I know mothers of other 3 year olds but none in my situation. I would love to hear or meet other mums who are or have been in the past in a similar or same position as me. Natalia. Bracknell moving to Fleet.

brettgirl2 Sat 12-Oct-13 07:49:57

Natalia the special needs children section is a really busy board, it may be worth posting over there?

NatSebFlorence Sat 12-Oct-13 12:25:35

Do you think that we beling to that section? !

itsnothingoriginal Sat 12-Oct-13 17:17:13

There is also a premature babies section on here too where you may find others in the same situation smile

Are you still under a consultant due to his prematurity?

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 13-Oct-13 23:20:30

the special needs section is a great source of information and help for all kinds of issues. A developmental delay might not be as serious as some of the issues which parents there have but they know ALL about salt and ot.

Goldmandra Mon 14-Oct-13 10:02:05

Do you think that we beling to that section? !

You don't need to have a child with a severe or life threatening disability to post in the SN section.

A child with a developmental delay has additional needs and you face challenges as a parent in common with parents whose children have all sorts of additional needs and disabilities. You can share your experiences, give and get advice based on what you and they have been through and support each other when you have down days.

Of course you belong there smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 14-Oct-13 10:57:18

Have you tried posting in MN local too? There's a friendship bench smile

Agree that the sn board can offer great support with things like speech delay, my dd had speech delay and they were very helpful smile

Have you contacted bliss and are you under a Paed?

MiaowTheCat Mon 14-Oct-13 12:17:56

Prem birth board is quiet but people who do kind of "get" it (my daughter was just at the absolute back end of "normal" for starting to walk and that was heart-breaking enough to watch feeling like it was that whole weight of prematurity still hanging over your head). Bliss I found brilliant when I fell apart in the aftermath of our whole hospital debacle - their boards are pretty terribly quiet, but their helpline is fab and they have some parents groups dotted around (none local to me unfortunately). Hospital might be able to put you in touch with any ex-NICU parents groups as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now