If your LO got their first teeth at 4.5mo....

(10 Posts)
BotBotticelli Thu 10-Oct-13 14:30:15

and had 8 front teeth by 9.5mo (4 top and 4 bottom), when did they start teething with their molars??

DS1 is 10mo and has got his teeth pretty early as outlined above. He is being a frickin nightmare incredibly challenging at the moment. Crying lots, seems generally unhappy, gets stressed with his toys, throws little tantrums...is v v hard work. He has never been the sunniest little chap but the last few weeks have been a new low.

I am wondering if he might be starting to feel pain from the back teeth/molars? Or is 10mo a bit early for this? Or is it just a challenging age?? He seems to hate all his toys, hates when we go out...is just such an unhappy angry little soul I feel so upset like I must be missing something??

BettyandDon Thu 10-Oct-13 14:35:00

My 10 mo has 12 teeth! I notice less teething the more she has had. Maybe she's just more used to it. She eats loads if real food and had a real biting problem until I realised she wanted to chow down on real grub. She is walking too. Def growing up too fast...

MummyDuckAndDuckling Thu 10-Oct-13 22:34:06

My 2 year old dd has only 12 teeth!! She was very late with teeth (first 2 at 11 months) but I do remember her molars coming through randomly before many others. I'm sure age got her front 4 then 4 molars. There didn't seem to be any pattern. Now she has 4 more bottom ones just about to cut the gum any day now confused

Jergens Thu 10-Oct-13 23:08:31

I sympathise!
DD had first teeth at 15 and 16 weeks. 12 teeth by first birthday.
DS had first tooth at 16 weeks. First molar (finally) cut through at 10 months after weeks of teething. 2nd molar following shortly after. I agree that early teething worse than later - for my two anyway!

AllabouttheE Thu 10-Oct-13 23:15:37

Both mine had all 20 teeth by 18m, DD slightly earlier around 16m.
So yes I expect grouchiness is teething. It will be over soon grin

fasparent Thu 10-Oct-13 23:58:21

Two teeth front lower at 4m , now 6m still the same , bites his cot rail and anyone's finger's , great for finger food feeding though. well ahead.

stitchNting Fri 11-Oct-13 09:01:23

My dd had all 8 teeth around 10 months and then lots of mouth poling and drooling until 12 months. Then her molars made an appearance just after her first birthday. Now at 15 months she's got all 4 molars and canines too! The canines crept through without much notice but the molars did give her grief for about 2 months so could well be your case too!

Ladyhawke127 Sat 12-Oct-13 12:01:27

Mine has his two bottom E's ( biggest molars) and his top D's (second biggest molars) and he is just 15 months. Hs eye teeth, top and bottom are not long from cutting at the moment. Amber teething beads are my salvation!!! His teeth stared moving at 4 months and he was a little horror. Got some amber beads and his whoe temperament changed within 2 days! It was like a switch had been thrown. He hardly needs anything for teething now. Good luck. Teeth are the work of the devil.

swannylovesu Sat 12-Oct-13 12:09:57

ds1 started teething pretty much in the birth canal..he had his full set by 1..it looked a bit odd but at least it was over and done with. He got his first molar at 8months, but it was what people were calling the "eye" teeth that caused him the most distress sad

ladygagoo Sat 12-Oct-13 13:53:00

DS got first two teeth at 7 months then at 10.5 months both top molars appeared (before any others). I reckon you're probably right, it's probably his molars. Try nurofen at night when he is really grumpy and I found bickiepegs teething biscuits really helpful too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now