Bedtime bother

(5 Posts)

She has a short nap some days, not all. As and if she needs.
However, thinking about this in a bit more detail I wonder if the sleeplessness/unsettledness is because she's picking up on my stress.

Sorry - realise this is now drip-feeding.

Been dealing with my late parents house (Dad died last year), getting it emptied of all possessions (30+ years worth of stuff) and furniture, etc. Had no end of stupid bother from solicitors. In the last few weeks I have had to frequently change plans, and haven't been able to give her as much attention as I usually would, because I've had to make constant phone calls etc.

However, this week sees the end of all that, so maybe a calmer me might help.

Jollyb Wed 02-Oct-13 11:25:46

Does she nap during the day? Stopping the daytime nap cured those sort of antics with our daughter.

Bath every other night (time constraints around work). We do a cuddle, lights low, story with a warm drink, then teeth cleaned and bed.

Or not.

Unfortunately she has a tendency to work herself up to hysterics if left to cry it out. Plus we have thin walls and are in a block of flats.
<moany emoticon>

Sparklymommy Tue 01-Oct-13 07:26:36

When you say wind down time, what do you actually do?

I would suggest a bath with lavender/bedtime bubble bath, followed by a cuddle and a story and then bed. Be firm.

I'm sure this has been done to death already but please tell me how I can get my 2.8 DD to go to bed!

she had her dinner, she had a play. She had wind down time, she's had milk and a story. We had a dummy, we held hands. She has had me in to her three times (we're in a one-bedroom flat), and eventually I gave up and got her up so I could sit and eat my dinner. She now is running around and wanting to play. Patently tired but will not give in.

I am feeling very much at the end of my tether.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now