Biting

(3 Posts)
NachoAddict Mon 30-Sep-13 20:10:08

I've not tried pre empting, may explore that more. Sometimes he is just giving kisses and sometimes he has a nibble. Feet are the worst when its least expected.

I have been putting him down on the rug immediately but that doesn't work now its the bottom stair.

mrscog Mon 30-Sep-13 20:01:13

My DS is 19 months and has been biting since 10 months.

You need to try and pre-empt it. DS bites me when he can't explain what he wants, it's almost a 'panic' reaction. He is definitely more prone to it when tired and it's one of the signs that I need to be putting him to bed.

When he does bite I hold him away from me and say 'no biting' firmly. I also hold my hand over his mouth to help reinforce what was naughty.

Since he learnt the word no to use at me last month, I have got more strict and if he bites I withdraw attention from him for a minute or so (making sure he's safe first). I think it's slightly improving.

NachoAddict Mon 30-Sep-13 18:19:59

Ds is 14 months and keeps biting, me in particular, but also dp and his brother and sisters. So far the childminder says he hasn't bitten any of them.

He does it a lot and maybe 60% of the time will look up to laugh or see what reaction he gets. I have been removing him from the situation with a firm no biting but he just wags his finger and says yayaya.

This has been going on a few months now.

any tips please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now