What do you think of teen mums?

(32 Posts)
teenmumandlovingit Fri 20-Sep-13 17:12:50

So, yeah, becoming pregnant was a mistake. A big mistake. I was pregnant at 18. I love my daughter Eliza and son Thomas, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Anyway, to cut it short - WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TEEN MUMS?

usualsuspect Fri 20-Sep-13 17:34:52

I was 19, still a teenager.

LynetteScavo Fri 20-Sep-13 17:35:39

Er...odd question.

I don't really think anything about teen mums. confused

Did you have both of your DC in your teens? Do you consider them both a big mistake? confused

If someone under 16 became pregnant, I would be concerned about he health. If someone under 18 was pregnant, I would be concerned about her education.

But then if a career minded person in their 20's who was desperately trying to climb the career ladder became pregnant, I might be concerned about her career.....but I don't really think anything about people of any age in general. Everybody's circumstances are different.

At 18 I was a teenager, just starting my degree.

But I still don't feel like my DCs were a mistake or that I wasted my life.

BigFatCushion Fri 20-Sep-13 17:42:42

Stinks of journo in here.

Pillowplumper Fri 20-Sep-13 17:43:12

My mum was barely out of her teens and she has a very successful career. I was also young and still went back to finish my master's degree. However, I think I would be quite sad if my daughter was a really young mum. It is hard to build a career or finish your studies when you also have the demands of a young family. I also wouldn't have wanted to miss out on all the crazy fun and travel that I did in my teens and wouldn't want my children to either.

I'm almost 23 and had DS at 19.

It is certainly not a choice I'd advocate but I really didn't want an abortion and was upduffed by accident, so just had to deal with it.

I'm now doing a degree and it would obviously have been easier the other way around. People will think/say what they want, so it's how you feel about yourself and how you act that matters. Who cares, frankly?

lljkk Fri 20-Sep-13 20:13:57

My mother & grandmothers were all teen mums. Feel a bit bad about not carrying on a family tradition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now