Recommended wellies and reusable nappies for the 'larger' toddler?!

(8 Posts)
Flowerface Mon 19-Aug-13 20:25:53

My nearly 16 MO DS is quite chunky and in 2 year old clothes. His bum, thighs, and legs are particularly 'well-covered' (!) and this weekend we were unable to buy wellies in Clarks because any that fitted his legs were too ginormous on his (fairly average sized) feet. Same with real nappies - all the one size ones are skin tight! Does anyone have any recommendations?

I can't help with wellies but regards nappies- pop'n'gro are reusable nappies which come in 2 sizes to last up until potty training. Ds has just gone into the next size at 10 months and there's absolutely loads of room especially round the legs (ds is 25th centile so they are still quite big on him, im padding with paper liners!)

slackdan Tue 20-Aug-13 13:03:48

We'd second the Pop'n'Gro pocket in size 2. They will fit a very big baby. We found them great with DD1 but DD2 is much slighter so they tended to gape around the legs a bit. But, for a chunky toddler they'd be really good & last right up to potty training.

Looks like they're on special too at the moment at hunnybums.

Also, the large Charlie Banana are enormous & could probably fit a small adult! They're a bit more expensive but very luxurious.

JimbosJetSet Tue 20-Aug-13 13:08:43

The kids wellies in Sainsburys at the moment are quite short with a wide opening - might be worth a look?

Flowerface Tue 20-Aug-13 19:33:57

Great! Thanks, will check out your bum and boot recommendations!

Fairylea Tue 20-Aug-13 19:39:00

Charlie banana and fuzzi bunz nappies both do larger sizes.

Can't help with the wellies though!

MaMattoo Fri 23-Aug-13 14:36:36

Check wellies at John Lewis..and also at asda. Had to get those for my DS who is a high centile child..
Also buy most ds clothes from h&m as their size charts are based on Nordic measurements...longer sleeves, wider openings for heads etc..

RobinBedRest Sat 24-Aug-13 11:09:51

Just seen these on Zuilly, might work as shorter than normal?

www.zulily.co.uk/p/blue-glitter-short-wellies-infant-toddler-kids-1004027-389881.html?pos=16&

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now