Night waking 2 year old

(4 Posts)
FeralGirlCambs Fri 16-Aug-13 14:12:37

I haven't found anything similar by googling so I hope the wisdom of Mumsnet might help. Almost every night for the last 2 weeks my little girl has woken in the dead of night, around 3am, crying. When I go in she is sitting bolt upright in bed, and all I have to do is say lie down, or lie her down, and she goes straight back to sleep. But if I don't go in she carries on crying, and wailing 'see Mummy' (woe bedtide me if Daddy goes in instead) Sometimes it happens again around 5. I guess I can't REALLY complain - it's not hours of uncontrollable hysteria; indeed I'm not sure if she's really awake - but she's always been a good sleeper so it's mystifying, and i'm getting fed up with the disrupted sleep, even if it COULD be a lot worse. She moved into a big bed about 6 weeks ago, but this only started about a fortnight ago. Anyone got any ideas?

FacebookWanker Sat 17-Aug-13 10:20:37

DD used to have night terrors, but she wouldn't acknowledge us so maybe slightly different. With the night terrors I read that if you disturb the sleep pattern it will help. I would gently wake her on my way to bed and although it didn't stop it altogether, she would wake up in the morning screaming instead...it meant we all had a good night's sleep though...

Good luck.

Do you have a monitor - if you said goodnight over that would she resettle?

FeralGirlCambs Tue 20-Aug-13 09:27:32

Thanks for the responses. Tried the wakinf on Sat around 1030, but still 5 a.m screaming. On Monday it was at 1130 only, then she slept through, for no reason I could discern. 5.00 today, which I suppose could be worse. She mostly needs to be physically laid down again - as if, while asleep, she's sat up, but is too asleep to settle down again, but not too asleep to cry. Bedroom doesn't appear too hot or cold and in the daytime she is totally fine in herself, super cheerful, in fact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now