5 week old wiggles up the crib

(7 Posts)
Cordial Thu 27-Jun-13 03:32:32

My dd1 is 5 weeks and is more mobile than I expected she could roll onto her side at 3 days and has developed a new skill of kicking out of her swaddle and somehow travelling up the crib. So i put her to sleep feet to.foot and find her 3 hours later with her head to the. Head of the crib iykwim. Should I worry about this anybody got experience?

Should I move her when. I see it ? Set alarm to check more regularly etc?

MrsHoarder Thu 27-Jun-13 04:05:17

If her blankets are tucked under the end of her crib (one thin one max atm) then she's safe. Its not ferrying under the blankets that's important.

Maybe she's warm and trying to get away from the covers?

Cordial Thu 27-Jun-13 10:06:32

Yes maybe it's a warmth thing as it is one thing blanket wrapped which I guess is more like 3 layers when wrapped iykwim. Perhaps she needs to come out the swaddle.

Anybody else had this problem with movement?

beckslovestimmy Thu 27-Jun-13 10:18:28

I swaddle DD in a thin cotton cot sheet in this weather with either a vest or a babygro on, she doesn't seem to hot in this smile

beckslovestimmy Thu 27-Jun-13 10:20:22

By the way DD always travels up her cot and usually ends up sideways. She is older than your LO though (5 months)

MultipleMama Thu 27-Jun-13 17:58:21

My dts were laying on each other by 10 weeks, in the end it did no harm so we left them but checked every now and then. They are now 9mo, still share a cot and still lay on each other.

I think your dd will be fine just check on her every now and then x

mrsmalcolmreynolds Thu 27-Jun-13 21:42:45

You could also put her in a baby sleeping bag - they can't slide down inside them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now