Desperate for ideas!

(9 Posts)

MM I've tried to dream feed before-it never really works. If she's asleep, she's asleep! She hasn't really got definite times that she feeds, just every 2.5-3.5 hours (ish!)

Typically, this morning by some miracle I managed to get her back to sleep after her 4.40 feed (rare) only to have 4 year old come in for a cuddle at 6! Destined not to get a lie in for time to come wink

Twins? Hats off to you grin

MultipleMama Wed 19-Jun-13 16:15:21

Have you tried dream feeding her around 3-4am? You may have to wake yourself up but maybe then you and dd could get more extra sleep.

My twins still feed from 2-4 hours a night, and dreamfeeding was the only way to make them sleep longer and give me a break.

I second the blackout, but I have a night light in the corner (away from cot) that allows me to see where the hell I'm going haha.

Ah, that would help! Thanks grin

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 18-Jun-13 23:50:42

You get a little dim light like this one

Also...DH has just improvised some extra coverings at the windows so now almost complete blackout. DD cried, went upstairs and could hardly find the cot-let alone see the baby! May just break my neck trying to find her to feed later grin

How do you manage in pitch black?

She still breast feeds 3 hourly, (have started weaning but she's just not keen - tongue thrust still) and often wakes about 5 ish, has a feed and decides she's ready for the day sad I get the most beautiful beaming smile, but I'm such a grumpy git at that time of day. Before 6am is still yesterday!

I feed her in bed at 5 in the hope that she may go back to sleep for a bit (works occasionally) but if I put her back in her cot in our room she just babbles, gurgles and squeals! It would be delightful a couple of hours later.

We don't have black-out blinds (big bay window and on a really tight budget) but have some heavy, lined curtains that I found in a charity shop so room is dark, but light leaks around the edges. I've tried keeping her up a bit later in the evenings (goes to bed 6.30-7ish) but she's just harder to settle when she's overtired and still gets up at the same time.

Do I just have to suck it up? And go to bed at 8 myself sad

beckslovestimmy Tue 18-Jun-13 09:19:57

I second the blackout blinds, we have a blind and blackout curtains, now most mornings I have to wake DD up at 8am.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 18-Jun-13 08:46:47

What time does she have her last feed in the night? Do you have blackouts?

Help!

My 6 month old is always waking up at 5-5.30 sad

She's now screaming an extremely loud, shrill scream that has woken her sister, who is now getting dressed thinking it's time for school when she needn't be up for another hour and a half.

Really feel like I may lose the plot before the day is over.

Any suggestions gratefully received...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now