How long does it take your DC to fall asleep at night?

(29 Posts)
lottytheladybird Mon 06-May-13 20:37:17

My DS is 2y10m old. Sometimes it takes him an hour or more to fall asleep in the evening. How long does it take your DC to fall asleep at night?

PoppyWearer Tue 07-May-13 20:49:00

Thanks Gilberte, I love love love GTFTS.

Schoolchild DC1 asleep in five minutes tonight.

DC2 aged 20mo had a one-hour nap today so he'll be up for aaaaaages yet. Am going to take him back downstairs I think, DH will be home soon and he can try.

Sprite21 Wed 08-May-13 19:54:08

DD 20 months takes around 20 minutes but sometimes up to an hour and I have to sit there holding her hand while she falls asleep.
At least I can go on mumsnet with my phone while I wait.

ButtonBoo Wed 08-May-13 20:41:42

DD is 18mo. Some nights an hour, others 5 minutes! Sometimes I have to stay with her, some nights I can just kiss her and leave the room.

Some nights we have a whole hoo-ha....wants socks on, wants socks off, wants to cuddle her rabbit, wants the duvet on, off, wants me to play with her ears, wants music on, off, wants a cuddle, wants to keep getting up and kissing me, wants me to go away....anything but go to sleep.

Tonight was a good night. Kiss, cuddle, lay down, I left the room and she was asleep within 5 mins. Being that easy makes me suspicious the little madam will have me up 5 times during the night!!

Jayne266 Thu 09-May-13 20:52:49

DS 10 months and it takes him 15-30 mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now