Anyone with a bottom shuffler?

(10 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 05-May-13 07:31:01

DS (10 months) has chosen a comedy bottom shuffle for locomotive purposes. He clearly is not going to crawl. Very quick and can hold things in each hand, so he's happy.

He's getting nasty looking callouses/ friction burns on the outside of his feet where he pushes off. Any tips for footwear? Socks come straight off. Bare feet are fine but I was hoping I could protect them a bit. Thanks.

MrsBungle Sun 05-May-13 07:49:28

My dd bum shuffled. She never crawled. Maybe some soft cruiser shoes to protect his feet? Or sock-ons to keep his socks on?

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 05-May-13 07:55:35

My DD did too, but must have done it differently as she didn't have the got problem. He hates sock ons. Ill try the soft leather slipper type things. Unfortunately the ones he's got don't fit properly.

MummyJetsetter Sun 05-May-13 10:19:31

Little baby converse are cute and cool and soft so good for indoors. x

Whatalotofpiffle Mon 06-May-13 02:40:28

My bum shuffler wore clarks cruiser types and wore out the outside edge of left shoe but not feet!

Hersetta Tue 07-May-13 13:30:25

I have a bum shuffler, he is 21 months and we used next pram shoes when he was smaller but recently have been using clarks cruisers (got them for £7 in the clarks sale). He did wear a hole in a couple of pairs of pram shoes along the side , the clarks ones seem to be standing up better tot he job.

stopgap Tue 07-May-13 20:17:27

Mine was a bottom shuffler, although he modified it by sitting on his hip and using the opposite hand for propulsion. It was the strangest thing. He walked at 16 months, and at 20 months can easily walk for an hour in the park/run very quickly. Of course, being a first-time mum, I worried that his uneven shuffling meant something was wrong!

slems Tue 07-May-13 20:32:51

I have a butt shuffler, my second. For both I used baby leg warmers and/or pedipeds first steps shoes (second hand, probably like clarks but I found them much lighter). Pedipeds worked better than the leather slipper things and the sock-ons.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Wed 08-May-13 07:07:42

They do look funny, shuffling, don't they? DS certainly gets himself noticed when we're out, more than a crawler would!

I'll have a look at some pram shoes - never saw the point of them for in prams, but good for this I should think, thanks.

Converse will have to wait till his birthday, if he's still shuffling then!

And I love Pedipeds for DD. I didn't know they did cruiser types so will definitely get those when he's walking.

ZolaBuddleia Wed 08-May-13 19:58:31

Slipper sock moccasins worked for our shuffler DD. We got them from Raindrops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now