nursery troubles

(9 Posts)
bettyboop29 Thu 02-May-13 21:32:49

hi there my youngest son who has not long turned 3 and only been at nursery for about 2 weeks,his teacher pulled me aside when collecting him and had said that he has been puttin his hand down his trousers alot! i have had a little talk to explain that it not nice for people to see u doin this! but he still doing it and not sure what to do about it! my oldest sonnever done this! alot of people hav sd it a typical boy thing but nursery teacher basically said it needs adressed asap! sad any tips wld be apreciated! thanks

Littlefish Thu 02-May-13 21:44:37

The nursery teacher is over reacting (I say this as a nursery teacher!). Children often have their hands down their trousers or pants. It's absolutely normal. If children do it at nursery, I don't make a big deal about it. I just remind them that some parts of our bodies are private, and that we don't show them to other people at nursery, or touch them when other people are around.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 02-May-13 21:54:26

She just needs to keep reminding him! What does she want you to do? he's 3 for goodness sake! If she remarks on it again, ask her what she says to him when he does it...or what other staff say...so you can say the same thing, then it will give him some "routine" regarding the "command" to stop.

bettyboop29 Thu 02-May-13 21:55:11

thank little fish i thought that too as my partner saw another wee boy doin it to at one of thr wee shows! i don't want to keep getting on at him about it as he will end up not wanting to go!

bettyboop29 Thu 02-May-13 21:57:16

and thought it a bit soon as he has only been thr for 2 weeks in the am! i know teacher and had a few run in with her with my oldest son as he had speech problem and he now at school and doin great in a wee unit as he has dcd so i am now thinkin is she gna mke wee man time here horrible too!

ditsydoll Thu 02-May-13 22:02:31

I had this problem a few weeks back but with my DD which seems even more of a taboo subject.
Dd was doing abit of a wiggle on the chair to rub her bottom lol.
I freaked out at the time when nursery brought it up (although nursery said its totally normal and not to worry but just so we were all on same page about how to handle the 'not in public' talk)
A few weeks later and she seems to have gotton the message.
I just think it's important not to make a big deal of it and if you see him doing it just remind him that those parts are for private, with him only being 3 though he will probably carry on lol.
Don't stress and just remember its completely normal and he will grow out of it.

ditsydoll Thu 02-May-13 22:02:51

In public Atleast lol

bettyboop29 Thu 02-May-13 22:03:15

thanks neomaxi,she didn answer me when i sd did u say anythin to him she jst sd it needs addressed! when he does it in house i tke his hands out and say try not to do that as it not nice for other people to see! i also find he does it after toilet if he hasn fixed himself properly! jst need to see how it goes next week after holidays!

bettyboop29 Thu 02-May-13 22:05:25

thanks ditsydoll yes gna try not stress about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now