6yr old won't say I love you

(31 Posts)
Muminneedofzzz Mon 29-Apr-13 19:50:39

I have got a DS who has just turned 6 and a DD who is nearly 3.

DD will say I love you/I love you too all day long, but we cannot get our son to say it back to us. He has always been like this and I was just wondering if anyone else has a child that won't say I love you too?

We have asked him of he loves us and he says yes and explained to him that it makes us sad that he doesn't say it back etc bit he still won't say it, he just mumbles and gets all silly upset if you try to force him. Occasionally he will come out with it randomly about once a month maybe but that's a maximum!

Confuseddd Tue 30-Apr-13 22:03:11

Touched a nerve there I see!

Bumpsadaisie Tue 30-Apr-13 22:31:03

I've just about learned to say "I love you" without a block in my throat. I can now say it to my DH (in a sort of hurried squeak, but I do say it).

I'm only 38 too! [proud]

OP I know you're reading this.

You've just given a real insight into your personality - you don't like something so get defensive and huff. Is that what you do when your son doesn't parrot back?

Your loss by leaving MN!

GiraffesAndButterflies Wed 01-May-13 06:58:00

Your son is saying he loves you, just not quite as often as you want him to. It sounds like you are worrying over nothing tbh.

And you are unbelievably thin skinned if you think the posters on this thread have been rude to you. HTH.

usualsuspect Wed 01-May-13 07:00:45

There are some odd posters on MN just lately.

DeWe Wed 01-May-13 09:26:26

The only one of my three dc that regularly says "I love you" is my ds. Dd1 would find that sort of thing very hard to say-she doesn't like verbalising her emotions.
Doesn't mean that they love me any more or less-simply that they express it in different ways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now