So fed up with my 6 y.o cheeky behaviour

(8 Posts)
babybarrister Fri 03-May-13 22:16:16

Littlemisslucy - that made
Me and DH spit our tea out - just the sort of thing my DS 6.5 would say grin

HaventGotAStitchToWear Thu 02-May-13 08:54:36

Yikes! I think I need to start looking after myself better! Looks like I'm in for the long haul!

LittleMissLucy Tue 30-Apr-13 17:31:22

Well I don't know about 7,8,9 but mine is otherwise quite a sweetheart. I have read that things go a bit awry and then they become quite wonderful again at 10. Apparently its a glimmer of their adult selves, sent to hearten you as you stagger unhappily through their teens! grin

HaventGotAStitchToWear Tue 30-Apr-13 09:30:09

I should say in his favour that my son is top of his class, very helpful around the house, charming, funny and an excellent big brother most of the time. Please tell me that the change as he morphs into a 7,8,9 year old won't be too horrific??
[braces herself]

HaventGotAStitchToWear Tue 30-Apr-13 08:06:45

Thanks Little Miss Lucy for that. Good to know I'm not the only one whose son has transformed into a horrible teenager overnight! :-(

LittleMissLucy Tue 30-Apr-13 00:47:51

well I have a 6 yr old DS and tonight in the middle of dinner he pulled down the back of his pants and said "feast your eyes!"

This is uncharacteristic and stunned me. But I do know that somewhere between 6 and 7 for boys, its supposed to go a bit pear shaped.

HaventGotAStitchToWear Mon 29-Apr-13 17:00:13

You know sometimes it's just a matter of him needing to do a pee, like this time. He'll be hyper for an hour, winding me up & starting nonsense with his sibling while I'm trying to get out the door and then it transpires after confiscating 2 toys and even telling him that my mother used to smack me with a wooden spoon that he just needed to go to the toilet. Would love a break!

HaventGotAStitchToWear Mon 29-Apr-13 16:40:14

Talking back to me, imitating my voice, extremely loud volumes, hitting his sibling sometimes, not doing what I ask. I told him to take anger out on cushions, not on his sibling. The whacking he gave the cushions! Recently started seeing his Daddy more. May be a link. Anybody see a change in son's behaviour at 6?
Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now