What did you do for your LO 1st birthday?

(17 Posts)

I am the sort of scatty, disorganised type who also thinks that at 1 DS isn't going to care what he does for his birthday, but I would like to do something to mark the event!

So, what did you do? It's a June birthday so hopefully will be some sun!

shrimponastick Tue 09-Apr-13 11:18:00

We just had family round for a tea party.

ben5 Tue 09-Apr-13 11:23:23

ds1 we were stayng a few days at my mums, so we just had a cake
ds2 we had a few neighbours round but then that was our normal life. the older kids had abit of cake

MintyyAeroEgg Tue 09-Apr-13 11:24:30

Invited both sets of grandparents plus bil and sil and their toddler round for a birthday tea.

Karoleann Tue 09-Apr-13 12:09:20

DS1 +DS2 we did a gymboree party for 15 1 year olds and parents (parent food +wine)
DD - nothing blush, she's not getting a party for her second birthday either, although we'll do a little birthday tea for just our family.

In june, I'd just do a little party for your family and a couple of freinds in the garden

MiaowTheCat Tue 09-Apr-13 12:43:23

Presents, photos, cake for mum and dad mainly (it was today)

Iwish Tue 09-Apr-13 14:52:35

We took DS to the sealife centre to look at the fish etc and had a bit of cake after tea at home xx

Charjam1 Tue 09-Apr-13 16:02:28

It was yest. We had a little party with a few friends sat and family round Sunday. X

mmmmmchocolate Tue 09-Apr-13 16:11:12

Dd1's birthday was in June. I planned a lovely garden party! There was torrential rain all week... But we had friends over and a few of her little baby friends and had food and cake while we all squashed into my tiny house

Dd2 also has a summer birthday. I decided to plan for rain- which worked out brilliantly as we had torrential rain again.. I hired a music lady to come and entertain the kids as I had more friends with kids by then and then had party food and cake.

Both were lovely smile

loveisagirlnameddaisy Tue 09-Apr-13 16:54:47

DD, we had party at home combined with a house warming as we'd just moved into a new house. But it was October so needed to be indoors.

DS turns one in July and we'll have a party in the garden at our house assuming the sun ever makes an appearance.

fififrog Tue 09-Apr-13 21:14:44

Went to the zoo and asked a couple of friend's with kids of similar age if they wanted to come too (as much to prevent us having to eat the whole cake ourselves as to have a "party"!)

Asinine Tue 09-Apr-13 21:22:04

Dd4 We moved house. We propped her on a pile of boxes (marked ths way up) in a lovely dress, and took some lovely pictures, and ate cake.

Or

Dd1 We had a huge party for extended friends and family.

Have fun, whatever you decide to do. Don't put pressure on yourself and enjoy your baby.

rrreow Wed 10-Apr-13 15:25:55

We invited over family and some friends with kids. However, DS caught chicken pox two days before his birthday so it ended up only being family!

MiaSparrow Wed 10-Apr-13 17:40:00

We had a party but it was mainly family. A few babies and their mums. No particular structure. Too young for any games, really. TIP: spread out the present opening. It's embarrassing the amount they get and the worst thing is they get bored of opening presents! I didn't think that was possible but it is. hmm

Gemz1806 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:33:11

We had a wee party with family plus friends I had made being pregnant/ with babies etc in the back room of a wee local hotel! had a wee toy corner for the babies to play, some food and a few drinks! Most of our family guests have teenage children so being in a wee hotel ment they could have a wee drink if they wanted. It sounds like a big thing but it's a family owned hotel so cost nothing!! It was nice to think about the adults too tho, as you said the babies have no idea, some toys and they are delighted!! We never opened any presents at the party, its a bit awkward when you get duplicates.... we just had them all on the table then took them home to open.

wiganwagonwheelworks Thu 11-Apr-13 22:39:32

took her out for the day, just me, DH and DSS with the baby. No cake, no party. We had a lovely time looking at tropical fish at a sea life centre.

abbyfromoz Thu 11-Apr-13 22:41:01

We had a party at our house with mainly our friends and their kids. We made sandwiches (cucumber and smoked salmon) and a friend of ours made a spring themed cake with little ducks and a bunny rabbit and flowers (April baby). This year (2) we are having a farm theme- she will dress up as a cowgirl and we have hired a mobile farm to come and set up a marquee in the garden where the little ones can pet them and feed them :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now