Please tell me it gets better - DS 2.9 wee tsunami and non-stop chatter

(5 Posts)
cuggles Mon 08-Apr-13 20:38:48

re:- potty training. My dd was like that in terms of frequency and even amount of wee-ing. I cut her drink right down so that I didnt fill a cup right up as she downed it immediately...worked a treat! The talking...she talks all flipping day, drives my bonkers...although so did I as a toddler I am told and my mum locked herself in the bathroom to escape....worth a try!? wink

cuggles Mon 08-Apr-13 20:38:09

re:- potty training. My dd was like that in terms of frequency and even amount of wee-ing. I cut her drink right down so that I didnt fill a cup right up as she downed it immediately...worked a treat! The talking...she talks all flipping day, drives my bonkers...although so did I as a toddler I am told and my mum locked herself in the bathroom to escape....worth a try!? ;)

PiratePanda Mon 08-Apr-13 20:10:58

Any more helpful comments?

Liara Mon 08-Apr-13 19:18:41

Erm...[walks quietly away from the thread hoping the OP hasn't noticed me]

PiratePanda Mon 08-Apr-13 19:17:12

I have just had possibly the most exhausting day I can remember. Quite apart from the fact that I have a major work deadline tomorrow (work currently undone), my DH is overseas, and we are into our second week of toilet training DS 2.9. He's doing really well; we're in pants, we're out and about with the travel potty and friends' loos, and we only had one pair of wet trousers today...but we have been on and off the potty every 10 minutes all bloody day. Every single time it's a mad dash, because boy can he wee.

Added to which, I came to the realisation today, watching him with his cousin, that he talks loudly non-stop, except when he's eating (not often; he's a sparrow) and asleep (not often; never been a napper). It's very endearing...for the first hour. He's mostly playing fantastical imaginary games with imaginary friends, and I don't want to crush his little spirit. But tonight I am rather tired of it all.

Just tell me it gets better....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now