Extreme waking in the night - please help us!

(5 Posts)
BrazenHussey Tue 09-Apr-13 06:31:03

What is Wonder Weeks? I've got the same problem with my 9 month old, still waking up 2 to 3 times a night and he shares a room with his older brother- no-one seems to be able to get any sleep in this household and it's driving us mad!!!

PoppyAmex Portugal Mon 08-Apr-13 20:39:57

DD slept 12 hours every night (dream feeds) until 4 months regression. She's now 12 months and still waking up at night.

Wonder Weeks is great to have around so you know when these developmental stages kick in.

minipie Sun 07-Apr-13 12:31:50

google 4 month sleep regression, very common. can start earlier than 4 months.

Jethers Sun 07-Apr-13 09:04:16

Also, no signs at all of illness to explain it.

Jethers Sun 07-Apr-13 08:47:32

My second son is 3.5 months old. From around 6 weeks he was fairly good at sleeping, only waking 2-3 times a night for a feed (breastfed). For the last 10 days or so, things have gone sharply downhill; first he started waking every 2 hours, then every 90 minutes. When he wakes I feed him and put him back in his cot - he usually goes down without too much fuss in the first half of the night but gets increasingly difficult after around 2am and then insists on getting up and starting the day between 5.30 and 6.30am. Last night he went to bed at the normal time of 7pm, woke up every hour until 2am and then cried solidly until 5.30am. We're at the end of our tether.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, and what we can do to fix this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now