Is 3 months too early to be teething?

(9 Posts)
jessebuni Thu 04-Apr-13 20:59:26

my son cut his two bottom teeth at 9 weeks! my daughter started teething early too but didnt' cut any teeth until 4 months. she is 9 months and has had 7 teeth since she was 7 months. all babies are different. bonjela works wonders!

Seeline Wed 03-Apr-13 11:13:56

Both mine cut their first teeth at 4 months so it is reasonable to assume some discomfort before the teeth actually show.

Beamae Wed 03-Apr-13 11:11:46

One of mine started teething at 3 months. The GP said no way but then had a feel and confirmed it. She struggled on, bright red, furious and drenched in gob and then finally got her first tooth at 13 months!

MandragoraWurzelstock Wed 03-Apr-13 11:02:44

Yes I see what you mean. I was kind of thinking, it must hurt before the teeth appear - and I guess it could well be starting now.

He dribbles a lot too. I guess it's just something to roll with!

LemonBreeland Wed 03-Apr-13 10:57:11

It is possible he is teething already, but it is also possible that his teeth are just moving around under the gums ready for teething later. this is what happened with DD. Lots of dribbling etc. at 3 months, but she didn't actually get her first tooth until 7 months.

She wasn't miserable and cranky that whole time though. This is also an age where they start exploring things with their mouths too.

MandragoraWurzelstock Wed 03-Apr-13 10:55:06

thankyou smile

issypiggle Wed 03-Apr-13 10:51:11

just remember a mothers instinct is usually right

issypiggle Wed 03-Apr-13 10:50:39

theres never a set time for teething as some babies are born with teeth.

try a teether that can go in the fridge and give that to him to put in his mouth that may help.

MandragoraWurzelstock Wed 03-Apr-13 10:45:16

Poor old ds seems to want to bite hard on anything he can find. Not sucking so much as biting iykwim.

His little cheeks are red too.

I just keep thinking, he's teething, but aren't they meant to get their first teeth around 6 months? <memory fail>

Thankyou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now