Anyone else using the long weekend to potty train?

(126 Posts)
cocoachannel Fri 29-Mar-13 13:23:38

So far we have 2 x accidents, zero wees in potty...

DD is 2.1, and has been stripping off and asking for her potty for a few weeks. She's at nursery so sees others which has promoted the interest.

Bumpsadaisie Sun 31-Mar-13 13:30:30

Long weekend? You can't do it in four days you know! grin

Crazycake Sun 31-Mar-13 14:14:14

I think I'm beginning to realise that bumpwink

Crazy have you tried with no knickers?

CelticPromise Sun 31-Mar-13 14:23:51

I'm planning to use the two weeks off preschool with DS. He's 3.5 and I don't know if he's still really not ready or just doesn't want to.

Yesterday we put him in pants and asked about every three minutes if he needed to wee or poo. We had one poo accident and three wees on the floor and then I went out and DH gave up.

This morning we have had him in a nappy for church, will be persevering though. I've got sticker rewards, poor DS has earned one so far after he sat on the loo and swore blind he'd done a wee so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

It's going to be a loooong and laundry filled fortnight.confused wine

Anyone else having to listen to this "missed window of opportunity" bollocks from family?

Clearly the fact my dd has no clue is because I dared to leave it til 2.5 yrs not because she actually has no clue.

Grrr anyone got any more wine I'm all out

Oh bow ridiculous! My family haven't said much since dd was about two. It was then that I got 'oh now she's two you can start potty training' I just said she's nowhere bear ready I'm not rushing it and kept repeating that until they shut up.

She had one wee accident this morning then a poo one, but with the poo she was half squatting next to the potty!

She can't even sodding say "mummy I need a wee" even my grandma is asking ffs.

Well if it's not getting any better in a few days leave it and say to your family 'I told you so now bugger off with your well meaning advice ' smile

That's the plan smile I'm ditching the dummy too so blowed if
Staying indoors for two weeks listening to whining and clearing up wee

Dd's only weeing when we remind her that she gets a chocolate hmm

CelticPromise Sun 31-Mar-13 18:09:00

DS held it in this afternoon and then went off and weed on the floor in a corner. So I think he understands but doesn't want to do it. Sigh.

Crazycake Sun 31-Mar-13 18:18:34

Spotty no, I've kept knickers on so she can feel being wet iykwim, but 10 pairs of knickers later......somebody have any spare wine grin

CelticPromise Sun 31-Mar-13 20:48:06

Not a single sticker on the chart today, and I think he's holding in poo.

wine wine all round!

Crazycake Mon 01-Apr-13 10:32:31

How's everyone doing today? My DD has sat there for nearly 3 hours crossed legged! At least we've had no accidents yet grin

grin im having the morning off will clear up the Lego roll back the rug and try again after lunch

Zero accidents and two wees on the potty. She went and sat on it by herself too smile

smile for spotty toddler!

Just had another one but it was a 'sit on your potty and try for a wee before you have your smoothie' one

CelticPromise Mon 01-Apr-13 10:48:46

We're going out so have a nappy on for now.

We're not going out until Wednesday! Going to go to gunwharf which is 40-50 minutes away eek! Might attempt coffee in town tomorrow which is a 15 minute drive away.... It's no fun this potty training is it?!

Crazycake Mon 01-Apr-13 11:11:45

Well done spotty toddler grin I spoke to soon, sat Dd on the potty, she sat there for five minutes... Nothing. I ask her do you need a wee? "No mummy........oops my leg is wet"shock I managed to get her on the potty to finish but I'm really not sure she's getting this sad

cocoachannel Mon 01-Apr-13 13:40:07

Well, DD woke up on Saturday ill so we gave up on the idea. She wouldn't even touch her Easter egg yesterday so really miserable sad

So that's that for now - I may go with my DH's persuasion if letting nursery lead the way as she is the four days a week...

Oh dear coco hope she feels better soon.

Our day is still going well with no accidents and a few more wees in the potty probably spoke too soon

Dd2 thinks the potty is to store Lego hmm

MacCrackles Mon 01-Apr-13 13:54:54

Yesss!! I have even taken time off work! Going cold turkey re nappies, except for sleeping. I feel I can talk about it now that we are on day 6 and I've had enough wine for the evenings! Let's just say at the end of day 1 I was seriously contemplating going back to work early!! I'm now timing every 15 minutes and DS (2.6) is seemingly able to wee on demand. In the potty that is! My next cunning plan is to space out asking him and see if he starts to take himself to the potty. I tried it too early on day 2ish, big mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now