1yo keeps choking self

(4 Posts)
daisydee43 Thu 28-Mar-13 18:01:51

Hi my dd1 keeps putting her hand in her mouth and is choking herself and even making herself sick. Have given her teething pain relief but no luck

Any ideas?

LowLevelWhinging Thu 28-Mar-13 18:02:48

Sore throat?

MiaSparrow Thu 28-Mar-13 18:10:14

Mine did this at around the same age and really it was just a phase, like woohoo, look what I can do now... It's annoying. Do look out for other signs of sore throat/teething etc, but that's my guess. You just have to keep pulling her hand away until she gets bored of it. I remember DD doing this and chundering straight into Daddy's shoes. She thought she was very clever!

Vivienne52 Sat 30-Mar-13 14:37:54

My dd did this for a week or two, would make herself sick, took her Todd and they said it was a phase, they learn to do something, repeat it over and over then forget about it. She is now 3 and fine but ds has started doing it! He was one on thursday. It's a bloody nuisance but nothing to worry about! Obviously if she keeps it up for weeks the take her to gp to be safe side x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now