ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

what's the guidelines for using a sleep sack?

(5 Posts)
cleoowen Tue 19-Mar-13 20:55:14

I can't find,the proper government guidelines for safe sleeping.

My 13 week old has been waking up in the night the last few nights not because he is hungry but I think it's because,he has kicked,his,blankets off and,turned himself sideways in his Moses,so is either cold or uncomfortable.

Anyway, tonight I have decided to try a sleep sack to see if this stops it. But I am unsure what he should be wearing and cannot find,the proper guidelines. I have put him in a best,baby grow and 2.5 rig sleep sack which is sleeveless and no blankets. I put his,feet at the bottom on the Moses.

Is,this right? What are the guidelines? As,I don't want him to be unsafe or carry on waking up because he is too hot/cold. It seems he,is wearing much less,than normal with just a sleepsack on. The temperate is between 16 and 20 degrees as it should be. I was putting on a babygrow and,2/3 blankets before depending on the weather.

Pascha Tue 19-Mar-13 21:04:53

That's exactly what my sons are wearing. here is a guide for what layers to use.

cleoowen Tue 19-Mar-13 21:22:18

Thanks. Guidelines at 18 degrees which monitor says it is two long sleeved tops and nothing on bottom. He's got short sleeved top and long sleeved all in one. So not right but won't change it tonight but will do it right tomorrow. Hope he's not too cold.

mamij Tue 19-Mar-13 21:27:25

Sounds like what you are doing is about right. It doesn't matter if his hands are cold, so long as the body is warm (hand on the back of his neck is a good indicator).

Pascha Tue 19-Mar-13 21:39:49

He is all toasty warm and snuggly, promise wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now