How to keep my 7 year old boy buy in school holiday?

(14 Posts)
poohNtigger Mon 18-Mar-13 10:36:24

Easter is coming . i don't what can i do in two weeks .Need help my 7 year old son feeling bored in school holiday . Last half team because the weather was bed . so we was at home .I asked him join with mummy do some house work ( like folding up the clothes , hovering , tidy up his room ) and another entertainment are playing wii game , watching tv , playing computer , Reading book or shopping . He s still saying it is boring.

I am not looking forward to Easter holiday .please help!

MortifiedAdams Mon 18-Mar-13 10:40:54

Take him outside regardless. Theres no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

Where abouts in the country are you, maybe people can suggest stuff?

Moominsarehippos Mon 18-Mar-13 10:46:31

Are there any sports clubs or camps nearby, or does the school run a holiday camp?

sannaville Tue 19-Mar-13 12:22:59

Yes where are you? In our city we have a free museum which the kids love, a walk in the woods to build dens and collect stuff, friends over to play etc

Moominsarehippos Tue 19-Mar-13 13:58:41

A couple of years ago DS and I got a 'learn Italian' kit in a box for adults and kids to do together. We had a lot of fun doing this and looking out for words/phrases etc at the supermarket etc.

poohNtigger Wed 20-Mar-13 10:56:21

I lived in sittingbourne. The trouble is he isn't a sport person. He doesn't like music. He only like playing wii and he is lazy. Compare with my 2nd son is opposite . Friends told me go to toys r us get some family games ? may go there next weekendv.Any recommend ??

Moominsarehippos Wed 20-Mar-13 12:29:56

If try to get some DVDs from ebay. You can pick up some old classics for cheaper than renting, and I find you can spend an awful lot of time preparing for a family movie - making popcorn, getting cushions on the floor...

onepieceoflollipop Wed 20-Mar-13 12:37:52

Are you on a tight budget? Could you stretch to one night away (which is then 2 days away from home) train fares can be reasonable if booked in advance. Go to a big city and take him to free museums etc. We buy drinks/snacks in bulk from supermarket before the school holidays and this saves money, just make a few sandwiches to go with it.

Arrange with another parent for him to go to a friend for a day or two you then repay the favour.

Even if dislikes sport and/or the weather is bad I find that too much sitting around leads to boredom and whining. Get him to suggest some sports/activities. Swimming/table tennis/bowling?

Go out for lunch, insist on a walk beforehand. This breaks the day up. Get vouchers on line, or some places are quite reasonable, e.g. Subway kid's pack £2.19. smile

Moominsarehippos Wed 20-Mar-13 12:45:21

I got a family rail card and saved a fortune!have you any relatives or friends you could visit?

onepieceoflollipop Wed 20-Mar-13 12:50:32

We are going to London for 2 nights. doing some cheap/free things and one or two treats which are not so cheap. Tbh the children just like wandering about with us, as there is lots to see.

Moominsarehippos Wed 20-Mar-13 12:54:26

Try the transport museum. Adults pay but kids are free! Eating out is the expensive part but picnics are the way to go.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 20-Mar-13 13:01:36

Moomins we have such good ideas smile

Wallace Wed 20-Mar-13 13:06:26

Does he have any toys he really enjoys playing with?

insancerre Wed 20-Mar-13 13:14:50

wash the car/dog
have an indoor camping day- make a tent from the bed linen and have fun with torches and have a packed lunch in the tent
plant some seeds-flowers, herbs, veg outside in the garden
go on a treasure hunt- make a list of things to tick off
make a puddle and splash in your wellies
go to the library for storytime
make some cakes
do some junk modelling with old boxes and some glue
go to the beach for the day
have a mystery tour on the top deck of a bus- it doesn't matter where you go, try and sit at the front- you can see for miles and pretend you are driving the bus
have a wii tournament day with a trophy for the winner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now