DN really hates other kids

(5 Posts)

I would be concerned too.

I would want to bring it up with a HCP and soon, with him starting school in a few months. Is there anything else she's worried about?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Mar-13 20:43:20

Well if he's not grown out of it yet, it doesn't sound like he's going to. Could you get her on here?

kelhen Wed 13-Mar-13 20:33:33

Yes she's getting concerned because he's due to start school in September. She has not spoken to any health professional about him. She's kinda hoping he'll grow out of it...

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Mar-13 20:25:51

Not really heard of that oe before, is your Dsister concerned? Has she spoken to her HV?

kelhen Wed 13-Mar-13 20:22:13

My nephew is four next week. His mum (my sis) is worried about sending him to school as he really does not like other kids. She has taken him to kid activities but he shies away from the kids. He also hates to be touched. A little boy sat quite near to us in the library today and my DN nearly lost the plot. He is very confident around adults. My own child is only a few months old so my sis and I have no idea I this is normal or not. He has been like this since very young. thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now