Potty training: Am I right to wait for sunnier weather?

(26 Posts)
MiaSparrow Mon 11-Mar-13 11:19:21

That's it, really. DD is 2.1 and I feel she's pretty much ready to start but I've always thought I'd do it late spring/early summer. I guess my question is, is there any harm in delaying it (apart from the expense of nappies, obvs). If you felt your DCs were ready in the winter months, did you wait? Thanks!

You have to do it when they are ready rather than when it is most convenient, you run the danger of giving the wrong message and I think it gets harder if you keep putting it off
We had planned a week at home, rolled up the rug, had pants and skirts and just kept the potty to hand. Keep asking, get her used to 'having a try', use rewards and stacks of praise.
By day two she only had one accident and was asking to use the potty, we went out with the potty on day 3 and she refused pull ups from thereon

Give it a go, at least move to pull ups so she is in more grown up pants that she can control

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now