DS finally has a bedtime routine!

(5 Posts)
dashoflime Fri 08-Mar-13 12:26:08

7 months of (ahem) "baby led sleeping" is now officially over.

Those laizze faire days when DS just crashed out whenever and wherever the fancy took him.

When people would say "Doesn't he have a bedtime routine?" and I would think "Bedtime routine? That's a lot of fanfare for someone who's going to wake up 4 hours later isn't it?" But not say that- because it sounded sort of neglectful, even to me.
Well its over now.

Last night (and the night before that) DS has had:

a lovely warm bath,
followed by...
a story book in bed,
followed by.....
both of us quietly watching his light show in a dark room,
followed by....
one last feed and then sleep.

The fact all this occurs between the hours of 11pm and midnight doesn't matter right?
I can bring it forward 10 mins at a time?

ZimboMum Fri 08-Mar-13 20:44:06

I am a huge advocate of 'baby led sleeping'. hell, after 2.4 years of it, believe its the only way to go!

Sounds like you're doing a brilliant job. And yes, 10 minutes at a time will work smile And (I'm told) "babies bring their bedtime earlier themselves" and actually it's true - with a little encouragement smile

Well done smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 08-Mar-13 20:57:23

Well done. We've done a lot of baby led sleeping (tat trm still makes me laugh) and both love their bed and ask to go to bed when they're tired.

How was tonight?

dashoflime Sat 09-Mar-13 02:38:53

Well tonight we went out to a friends and ended up getting back quite late.
So he slept a bit in the pram on the way home and then we did just the light show and the feed when we got back.
He was down for the night at 1.

I'll bring it back on track tomorrow.

ZimboMum: Babies bring their bedtime earlier themselves? I'd never heard that before! That's good to know. Is it normal for them to be night owls when they're little then?

ZuleikaD Sat 09-Mar-13 06:16:18

Yes, totally normal for them to be night owls when small. Then they start wanting to go to bed earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now