Wonder week or wind?

(5 Posts)
noblegiraffe Tue 05-Mar-13 12:59:04

My usually delightful just turned 6 week old is being a bit fussy today. My friend swore by Wonder Weeks with her baby and said they were spot on, so I googled and found a chart that says they're supposed to have a stormy period around 5 weeks, and that my 6 week old is supposed to be sunny.
But she was born at 39 weeks so in terms of development am I supposed to see her as 5 weeks for this wonder week thing, or is it wind and should I just be cracking out the baby massage oil? smile

MamaBear17 Tue 05-Mar-13 20:51:18

Try the baby massage. As long as the baby is warm and content whilst you are doing it, it is a lovely bonding experience. I watched a couple of videos on you tube and then massaged my (very coliky) baby every night after her bath with the Johnsons lavender oil. I did the same if she was struggling to poop and it always got her going. DD cried a lot - we had two hour cycles of screaming, attempt to eat, nap for 20 minutes, scream again, then try to eat, nap etc - but she was always happy when she was in the bath or being massaged. It was one of the few parts of the newborn stage that I completely loved x

XavieraWonderWeeks Thu 07-Mar-13 20:36:09

It's 5 weeks, plus or minus one and calculated from the Due Date, not the date of birth.

noblegiraffe Thu 07-Mar-13 20:54:52

Ah, brilliant, that would make it spot on. And also mean that we're due a sunny period soon grin

We're also really enjoying the baby massage, there was definitely a bit of wind there smile

Just wanted to say I love your thread title!! It's a question I often ask myself but am now considering getting it printed on DD's baby gros.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now