2 year old night waking- help

(4 Posts)
WazzaWoo Fri 22-Feb-13 15:58:04

My dd is 2, she finally had been sleeping through and we thought we had cracked it!, however for the last 6-8 week's she keeps waking around 2am for HOURS. Both me and dh are absolutely exhausted, just wont settle back down, we think it may be her back teeth but cant see/feel any?

Anyone else going through this?

DrSeuss Sat 23-Feb-13 12:52:37

http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-ferber-method-demystified_7755.bc?page=1

GreenFirefly Sat 23-Feb-13 14:39:07

DrSeuss that must be one of the most unhelpful posts I've every seen. No explanation, no proper link, just straight to cry it out sad

WazzaWoo - yep, we're going through similar. DD is 2 in a month and we (finally) had been enjoying some decent sleep until the last week or 2. Like you it seems to be 2am and just wide awake, not really upset or in pain or hungry just wide awake.
We've got this far without CC or CIO so I'm not planning on starting now. She's slept through before so I'm sure she will again - I just hope it's soon. She does seem to be developing lots, especially in terms of language at the moment so I'm hoping it's a developmental thing and will settle down again.
I have brought her into our bed for the last few nights and she'll eventually drop off, I'll then put her back in the cot when I wake up again an hour or so later.
It's not fun is it.

WazzaWoo Sat 23-Feb-13 16:38:50

Thanks green, no not fun at all. Agree with development stage as my dd is talking more and more every day!! Lets hope it passes soon!! Thanks for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now