Reassure me about my son's eating (or lack of) habits

(29 Posts)
Pascha Wed 20-Feb-13 17:49:55

He has, at the grand age of 2.5, forsaken all veg, all fruit except banana, most meat and pulses hmm. It will come back won't it? Please tell me that if I keep offering it on the plate one day he will just eat it?

Goldmandra Wed 27-Feb-13 21:30:31

Stick with it Pascha. It will get better at some point smile

I'm trying to work out if the ketchup is going with the omelette or the yorkshire pudding and I am not sure which would be worse!

DD2 likes it on strawberries shock

TinTinsSexySister Wed 27-Feb-13 21:56:49

You have to get that book - My Child Won't Eat by Carlos Gonzales. It will change your life.

Also, toddlers are like little marathon runners in terms of the foods they need and therefore are attracted to ie carbs.

My 18mo DD has gone from eating everything in site to being very fussy now. Unless it's toast.

I figure its evolutionary as well - the surviving toddlers are likely to be those not adventurous to try poisonous berries etc.

Pascha Wed 27-Feb-13 22:37:46

Hehe. Ketchup was for the omelette of course.

Goldmandra Wed 27-Feb-13 22:41:44

Hehe. Ketchup was for the omelette of course.

BOAK!

DD2 has just asked why I grimaced. She thinks it sounds lovely so we'll have to 'run out' of ketchup before we next have omelettes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now