Is it ok that he doesn't have any 'friends'?

(6 Posts)
ZZZenAgain Wed 20-Feb-13 13:55:10

are all of the other mums clicky? Isn't there anyone who seems a bit shy or not really part of the main group?

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. It doesn't bother that they are clicky it's just more I know they meet up outside the groups. Will carry on as we are then.xx

firawla Tue 19-Feb-13 18:01:18

I would say going to the playgroups etc is fine and enough for him, doesn't matter if the other mums are clicky he is still around children for a bit. He is only very little, so wouldn't worry too much

ZuleikaD Tue 19-Feb-13 17:56:38

It's fine - he doesn't need to interact with other children at the moment. He's not self-aware (won't be till about 18m) and won't have any empathy until about 3.5, which is generally when they start having friends.

ZZZenAgain Tue 19-Feb-13 13:07:40

it is ok, they don't start actually playing with each other till later. Just take him to places where there are other children about, a couple of playgroupös and older dc at the childminder sounds fine to me.

I say 'friends' as he is 14 months so not sure this is exactly thre right word.

I have no friends with young children and whilst I do go to a couple of playgroups the other Mums are very clicky. DS does go tto childminder 1 day a week and there are older children there after School. CM says he interacts well but he sees little of other todllers. He is socaible with adults and very interested in other children if we see them when we are out.

Just being a worrying Mum but don't want it to affect his development.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now