Inappropriate behaviour for a 3 year old?

(9 Posts)
Lexiesinclair Thu 07-Feb-13 22:02:55

Ha! Be sure to video him in action so you can show him when he's 18 won't you Pipsqueaky!

pipsqueaky Thu 07-Feb-13 22:00:22

most embarrassing time was when we had builders over to quote for some work and DS got down and dirty in front of them - we just didn't mention it and kept stepping over him

my daughter prefered cushions :S

Lexiesinclair Thu 07-Feb-13 21:52:47

OP I would just say 'Go and do that in your room DS - it's private' until he gets the idea.

Lexiesinclair Thu 07-Feb-13 21:50:53

My DD this for about 2 years! I would often find her humping her Winnie the Pooh in the middle of the living room - I kept telling her that it was private and to do it in her room. She seems to have stopped now!

pipsqueaky Thu 07-Feb-13 21:49:56

that is what we have done, he has been doing in his bed but a couple of days ago reverted to doing it all over the house again!

Tee2072 Thu 07-Feb-13 21:47:11

Totally normal. Explain he should only do it when alone, otherwise just ignore it.

pipsqueaky Thu 07-Feb-13 21:43:49

oh dear, is he the only one??

pipsqueaky Thu 07-Feb-13 21:14:02

My DS aged 3 likes to, er how can I put this, dry hump his soft toys. I find this a little alarming and it has been going on for over a year. It is embarrassing when he does it in public but I don't want to make a big deal out of it and risk giving him a complex. Does anyone have any experience of this and what did you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now