Tooth fairy traditions

(8 Posts)
flubba Fri 08-Feb-13 19:52:29

Thanks Blue Champagne I thought so grin

Tooth fairy cushions is genius - maybe a special box?

Love the viking warrior who wanted a career change - shades of Terry Pratchett there.

grin

flubba Fri 08-Feb-13 07:04:25

I've made tooth fairy cushions for my DD (who only just has a wibble on one tooth) and her friends - they love them and will save us rooting around under pillows smile

We have a fairy door, www.enchanteddoorways.co.uk which only fairies can open (well anyone can open it but when humans do they just see the skirting board, but fairies oppening from fairyland come into their bedroom. It makes it easier for them to find the teeth. Our usual tooth fairy is Pearl. We also have Barabara the bedroom fairy, she doesn't come very often as she is scared of messy bedrooms, but when the bedroom is really tidy she might visit and leave a little chocolate egg. They are very computer literate and leave a tiny note too.

Fairylea Fri 08-Feb-13 06:45:00

Dd writes a little letter and the tooth fairy writes one back (we still do this now and she is 9! She still believes!).

She also gets a pound coin. Although the last fairy had been extremely busy (ahem) and so she had a pile of pennies etc wrapped up in a little cloth bag..... !

Tooth fairy is a BIG deal in our family !

sashh Fri 08-Feb-13 06:36:16

Every family is different. Some put teeth under the rug instead of the pillow.

I have heard of a tooth in a pile off salt in the kitchen.

Some people have different tooth fairies for different children and they have names, leave notes and I believe one MNer's child has a Viking warrior who wanted a career change.

HairyPotter Thu 07-Feb-13 21:46:44

I wish I had thought of that! Can't remember how many times I have raked around under pillows. I usually woke dds up or lost the tooth sad

DD1 is getting 4 teeth out to make way for braces next week. She already has spent the tooth fairy money in her mind she is 14 bless her

Had to play tooth fairy for DS1 for the first time last night, which threw up some differing family traditions. Just wondered if anyone else had alternatives to the trad 'under the pillow'? My sister and I used to put our teeth in an eggcup full of salt on the bedside table (much easier for TF!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now