Tips for taking hair-cut hating 2 year DS to hairdresser tomorrow?

(10 Posts)
loverstryst Wed 06-Feb-13 18:56:40

He is very unpredictable. Sometimes he is fine, last time he refused. I didn't force it as I didn't want to make a fuss. But he has very thick hair and needs a cut

The hairdresser is child friendly - very much so. But any tips? I want to avoid a refusal!

TIA

Starfishkiss Wed 06-Feb-13 18:58:16

My son's the same! I have to use chocolate buttons!

notcitrus Wed 06-Feb-13 19:01:57

Mine was scared of the sheets they wrap round you - still is actually, so we take his jumper off and change his top after.
And make sure it's only done by a stylist who is good with toddlers, so ensures it's symmetrical all the way through in case we.have to give up.

2 might be a bit young for bribery to help, but lots of toys to distract helps.

sittinginthesun Wed 06-Feb-13 19:09:41

I've got one of these!

Chocolate buttons were a disaster, as he screamed and sobbed, and ended up with chocolate all over his hair.

Raisins were better. Now he just has my iPhone. smile

DoIgetastickerforthat Wed 06-Feb-13 19:10:17

Do you have a smart phone. I have Despicable Me on my iPhone, which is a great distraction in times of trauma - that and chocolate.

loverstryst Wed 06-Feb-13 19:34:16

Iphone! Genius. He loves the iphone. I will use that.

I don't give him chocolate but I will snack him up.

I do think we're at the point where if he cries, he cries. Otherwise we'll looking at huge mop of hair

Thanks!

Iwillorderthefood Wed 06-Feb-13 19:36:43

Hope it all goes well. Perhaps decide what needs doing most, front or back? My DD was terrified and we ended up either just doing the front or just doing the back, depending if she could see or not. She is only 3 now and is fine.

iPhone sounds a great tactic.

amyboo Wed 06-Feb-13 19:52:26

I take the iPad and put Thomas on for DS (nearly 3). Works a treat and the hairdresser likes it too, as it means DS stays still!

LiveLong Wed 06-Feb-13 19:58:45

My hairdresser was brilliant with 2 yo DS and turned it into a role play. The sheet they wrap round became Batman's cape, which made it all more fun. Otherwise iphone is a great idea smile Good luck

loverstryst Wed 06-Feb-13 20:23:10

Thanks all; appreciate the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now