14mo DD not walking

(27 Posts)
Caronline Tue 05-Feb-13 20:37:18

My little girl is nearly 14 months and can cruise along furniture and use a walker but refuses to stand unaided and is showing no signs of walking. All little ones I know at this age have been walking for months. How can I encourage her without making it a drama and upsetting her? She has stood on her own before when distracted by something so I know she can do it!

Caronline Tue 05-Feb-13 21:57:07

Randallpinkfloyd- haha thanks for the reassurance. I can do both too which my DD finds very amusing smile

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 06-Feb-13 09:37:20

It's so easy to get caught up in all the "milestones" crap though isn't it. Luckily for me I'm. Terrible mother and didn't read any of the books blush

I say luckily because my DS didn't sit up til 9months. He was very strong and stable he just refused to bend in the middle. It took two hands to fold him into a seat.

The first time my mum came round and saw him sitting she was almost in tears, she'd been really worried about him apparently hmm

He then didn't crawl til 12 months either.

He's just a very cautious child. He didn't climb on anything til a month or so ago, will only move on his cars if you push him, and finds the park far too risky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now