need help setting a bedtime without CC

(6 Posts)
april123 Mon 21-Jan-13 10:43:39

Good morning all
I hope your enjoying the snow smile
I need some help my 7 month old baby refuses to go to bed till 9:30pm at night she does sleep through and has 2 naps during the day but I would like to start setting her to bed about 8 pm. But have no idea where to start I've tried talking to friends and family that say I should control crying but I've never been a fan of it not because I think its wrong I'm just a soft touch .
Can anyone else advise that not control crying please smile

lorisparkle Mon 21-Jan-13 13:21:21

I found the book 'teach your child to sleep ' fantastic. it gives lots if different options and goes through them step by step. there us a strategy for gradually making bedtime earlier by about 15mins every few days. it also suggests approximate routines for timings and lengths of naps. if I could buy only one parenting book it would be my choice.

rrreow Mon 21-Jan-13 15:18:54

This thread was a lifesaver for us when we needed to get DS into a good sleep routine (coincided with us stopping co-sleeping): www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleep/a1394888-What-worked-for-us-Hope-this-helps

There may be some crying involved, but definitely not controlled crying or leaving the baby alone in distress.

There is also a book called The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. Some people swear by it. I tried it but it didn't work for us personally.

april123 Mon 21-Jan-13 16:11:28

Thank you so much. I'm going to try what the thread link said to do. Fingers crossed it works smile

lorisparkle Mon 21-Jan-13 18:20:17

yes that is the method we chose. it took a while as we were flexible for holidays and illnesses but worked a treat. I would still have a good look at your daytime routine for naps etc timing of bed time.

april123 Mon 21-Jan-13 18:59:53

Yeah going to spend tonight looking at her nap times and bedtime. She has a nap in the morning about 9:30 till 11 then one in the after noon about 1 till 2:30 ish she was napping after her bath time which is at 5 but I've manged to cut that nap out. Thank you again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now