Aim balls

(10 Posts)
PhilMckrakin Fri 04-Jan-13 15:45:26

Ds is 5 and has been having trouble getting his wee in the toilet. He says he likes to look at things when he is weeing instead of at what he is doing, so I end up having to clean wee up from the side of the toilet every day hmm

I was wondering if anyone has used the aim balls you can get, and if they actually work? Also what do you do with them? Do they stay in the toilet all the time or will i have to fish them out of the toilet every 5 minutes?
envy <-- boak face. What happens if you poo on them? Does the poo wash off when you flush or do you just end up with shit covered balls? grin

Sorry for grim questions but i need to know before i spend any money smile

TIA

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 04-Jan-13 16:06:01

Haven't used them but did stick a 2p in the bottom of the loo for a bit.

PhilMckrakin Fri 04-Jan-13 16:32:52

Did that work jiltedjohnsjulie? Would be cheaper than buying balls grin

Just get some cheap ping pong balls, they're the same thing. Not sure about the poo thing, think they would have to be fished out for that, but can stay in otherwise

We tried them for DS. He's not nearly 7, and we're still wiping wee off the wall every day confused

You can buy stickers for the back of the toilet pan for boys to aim at IIRC...
My friend had something for her DS to aim at stuck in the back of the loo I think...

5madthings Fri 04-Jan-13 16:42:21

I thought about this but was also worried about the poo aspect! I have heard about the stickers, and seen them in preschool toilets, they seem much better.

For Xmas I bought my boys some paper targets that you put in the toilet to aim at, they are boats a bit like battleships and they flush away.

lljkk Fri 04-Jan-13 16:55:06

Don't bother with aim balls, just screw uptiny bits of toilet tissue & throw in for him to aim at. Easy to flush away.

PhilMckrakin Fri 04-Jan-13 17:45:40

That's brilliant thanks for all the suggestions will save my money and try toilet roll. Might check out the stickers too. smile

EduCated Fri 04-Jan-13 18:02:51

I'm sure someone on here suggested a couple of Cheerios each time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now