Farting.......

(11 Posts)
SarahJinx Fri 04-Jan-13 20:16:41

Thanks all. My DP is the owner/producer of the vilest farts on record. Being a bloke, he pretends to be all sorry etc, but when he thinks no one is around, lifts his leg, catches it and whiffs. Dirty git. DS is clearly just a chip off the old block and there is no hope for him.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 04-Jan-13 19:54:18

My 22 month old has learnt that she can force them out hmm

Its. The. Best. Thing. Ever hmm

BlablaSos Fri 04-Jan-13 19:50:51

Thanks for asking this question. My 15 month dd farts all the time, and I was starting to wonder if it's normal too!

EMS23 Fri 04-Jan-13 19:38:16

Yes zoobaby, you are headed for my life. I have DSS 9yo, DD1 2 yo and DH - all champion farters. It can get really quite disgusting!

And they have the audacity to moan if I leave a smell in the bathroom!

Imabadmum Fri 04-Jan-13 19:34:25

zoobaby yes.

OP totally normal. All kids fart, a lot, and think its really funny. If you're lucky he'll grow out of it, but most likely, being male, he'll find them funny til he's old and grey.

nicki1978 Fri 04-Jan-13 19:30:10

Our DS is 18mths old and he can put any man to shame, lol.

He's always been the same since he was very young, we used to laugh that he never winded in the normal way, up and out, it always went down and out (and still does), lol xx

zoobaby Fri 04-Jan-13 05:54:36

Oh dear. I'm visualising my future. DS (only 15 wks) has quite a trombone going. Even his dad was impressed with the acoustics coming from his crib the other night. It's gonna be me sitting on the lounge gagging with DS and DP on either side trumping away, isn't it?

wrigglerstea Fri 04-Jan-13 00:06:08

Proud of them, bloody autocorrect.

wrigglerstea Fri 04-Jan-13 00:05:50

Totally normal, and completely normal for them to love them and be really round of them. Every single one, done by Wriggler or anyone else in our house gets pointed out with glee. All part of the toddler toilet humour obsession!

IrisGirl Thu 03-Jan-13 23:51:13

well don't know about it being normal or not but 2 year old is a great farter also...when she's done it, she points to her bum, giggles and says ooops lol i find it cute and funny, but like you never thought to wonder if it was normal or a problem as i just considered it was one of those things....
she does eat a lot of fruit and veg and put it down to that tbh grin
xx

SarahJinx Thu 03-Jan-13 21:26:10

That's it, I have an 18 month old incredible farting baby.

No evidence of any pain or discomfort, sleeps and eats normally, normal pooing habits and, er consistency, just trumps a lot, very loudly and very often, particularly at night.

Finds it really funny too.

Is this normal, anything I should worry about? he's my pfb so I'm making up as I go along, as such have no idea what normal, I've not batted an eyelid till it occurred to me to wonder if its normal.

Any comments v much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now