Previously sleeping though now waking 2-3 times a night

(13 Posts)
mrsshears Sat 29-Dec-12 21:59:04

Any idea's as to why this is happening?
Dd is nearly 7m and has been sleeping through for a good few months now, usually from about 8 until 7 or 8 although she sometimes wakes for a feed (BF) at about 5 or 6 but goes straight back off afterwards.
Dd has never really slept during the day, we are lucky if she manages an hour throughout the day but she has always slept well at night up until the last week or so, she is fully weaned and also has 3 to 4 BF's a day, she is about 9kg in weight and on the 91st centile.
When she wakes in the night it's like she just isn't tired, she will shout until you go to her, I try and put her dummy in to begin with but usually this doesn't work and she ends up having a BF, this ends up happening every 2-3 hours, any tips or advice greafully recieved.

JingleJohnsJulie Sat 29-Dec-12 22:10:08

Have you tried more bfs in the day to tank her up?

mrsshears Sat 29-Dec-12 22:20:34

Hi jinglejohnsjulie
She is quite a busy baby and often distracted by other things in the day, she just won't feed unless she is really hungry and can play around a bit, food wise she feeds really well, do you think she might not be getting enough milk during the day? (I realise that's a bit of a how long is a piece of string kind of question)

tethersjinglebellend Sat 29-Dec-12 22:25:36

No idea, but I have her spiritual twin grin

DD2 is also 7mo and exactly the same. I could have written your OP. No daytime sleeps and waking 3 times a night, when she slept 8-7 from 12 weeks.

Watching with desperation interest.

babySophieRose Sat 29-Dec-12 23:04:32

Could be theeting?

mewkins Sat 29-Dec-12 23:08:57

How does she go off to sleep at the start of the night?

Iggly Sat 29-Dec-12 23:11:59

Growth spurt so hungry? There is a big one around now.

Teething?

Have you introduced any new foods?

Developmental leap?

readyforno2 Sat 29-Dec-12 23:21:18

My ds is exactly the same.. He's 6months though. It's more difficult now that when he was tiny. Sorry don't have any suggestions, I just sympathise.
Hoping someone more helpful than me will come along wink

brettgirl2 Sun 30-Dec-12 11:52:46

I' d give her more solids although they need milk it doesn't fill them up the same at that age.

Iggly Sun 30-Dec-12 14:03:10

Milk has a lot of calories - dairy or meat/fish are the foods that are more calorific. So can you get more of that in her? I give dd avocado or hummus for snacks in the day. Much better than rice cakes and the like.

brettgirl2 Sun 30-Dec-12 17:52:34

Also for veg try to give plenty of roast ones. They fill up well in my experience.

mrsshears Sun 30-Dec-12 21:01:52

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Last night was much the same, she has eaten quite a lot today
BF early morning
2x rusks and fruit for breakfast
mid morning BF and small amount of toast
Lunch a bowl full of mashed chicken and veg and a fruit pot
Afternoon BF
Tea a hipp 7mth veg lasagne jar and 2x fromage frais
Bedtime BF

I think she could perhaps be teething as her gums look a bit lumpy and she is putting everything in her mouth? hopefully whatever is causing it will pass as I need some sleep!!

JingleJohnsJulie Tue 01-Jan-13 11:05:22

Have you tried her with some dentinox for her gums?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now