Tummy time

(10 Posts)
ellesabe Wed 05-Dec-12 20:51:31

Dd1 was always quite good at tummy time so I tried it with 3wo dd2 last week and she fell straight to sleep hmm

MrsRV Wed 05-Dec-12 08:37:05

8 month old still cries at tummy time so I rarely bother. However I do blame lack of tummy time for the small Buddha i have who is happy to sit ALL day with no attempts at rolling/crawling/bum shuffling.

Nothingontvat3am Tue 04-Dec-12 21:14:46

My dd HATED tummy time now she's 15 months old and loves lying on her tummy reading her books or playing with some of her teddies. Keep trying it but don't stress out about it. So not worth it (where's my time machine so I can go back and tell myself that).

LeBFG Tue 04-Dec-12 17:45:10

I think tummy time is completely overrated. As long as she isn't lying in her cot/basket all the time when awake, then everything'll be fine.

sparklekitty Mon 03-Dec-12 14:02:13

My 9 wo hates tummy time, she screams blue murder, however, she goes swimming once a week and spends loads of time sat up right on us or on her front on our chests. She is starting to be able to engage her muscles and we can feel her taking a lot of her own weight when she's sitting (iyswim) so I'm not going to over worry myself about it

FirstTimeForEverything Mon 03-Dec-12 10:29:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Mon 03-Dec-12 10:28:16

Its good for coordination, upper body control etc. Most babies hate it to start with though. Try putting her on tummy with a rolled up towel underneath her arms, just for 30 secs or so. Don't sweat it if she doesn't tolerate it. Any position where she's not on her back is fine. On your chest, sat upright on your lap etc.

FirstTimeForEverything Mon 03-Dec-12 10:22:03

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Mon 03-Dec-12 10:21:29

hates tummy time? Normal. All babies hate it.

FirstTimeForEverything Mon 03-Dec-12 10:18:52

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now