How can I encourage my 11mo back to eating solids?

(6 Posts)

DS has had a horrid cold for the last couple of weeks and it's put him off food. He was a late starter when it came to eating anyway - his tongue push and gag reflex didn't subside until about 8 months, and then he was only interested in being spoonfed rather than finger foods. He was just beginning to do well with finger foods when the cold hit, and he's been so snotty and snuffly and poorly that he lost interest in food.

He's better now but still isn't interested in food, even meals that he adored a few weeks ago. To complicate matters he's dairy-intolerant and soya-intolerant. Is there anything I can do to encourage him back to eating solids or is it just a waiting game? DD never did this so I'm a bit lost!

monkeymamma Tue 27-Nov-12 15:55:05

Argh! Have nothing useful to add but I'm in the same boat with my DS, also a late starter/reluctant weaner and also has dairy, soya and egg intolerance. Has had horrific chest infection and is now recovering his appetite but only for the sweet and fruity things he loves - we've had a massive finger foods setback too. Will

monkeymamma Tue 27-Nov-12 15:55:47

Be watching this thread with interest, I meant to say!

Hi monkey!

Bumping...

IceBergJam Tue 27-Nov-12 18:41:20

Watching! DD 11.5 months never ate much, got the vomitting bug for a whole week, slowly eating but only porriage, spagetti or strawberries. Refusing everything else.

Bump.

monkeymamma Tue 27-Nov-12 21:28:12

My ds is 10m I also meant to say :-)

Am feeling particularly down about his eating today. He hates any organic, lovely, veggie and meat-full purees I make him but will eat Plum and Ella fruit pouches, arrgghhhhhh. On a good day he will eat melon, pear, courgette and toast as finger foods. He will chew on a bit of ham or chicken if available. The thing is I haven't got a lot of confidence in my cooking at the best of times so I'm feeling like a crap mum really! I would love to know what other foods you normally give your DS, Joyful? I'm stuck for inspiration half the time, just wish I could give him bit of yoghurt or a stick of cheese!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now