Besst toddlers' book?

(3 Posts)
Paula30CWR Mon 26-Nov-12 20:22:16

Hi,
I have a 20mo boy and I would like to buy a good book that guides me a bit at certain situations. I think I spend my day saying 'No', 'I told you so', 'Be careful', 'Oh no!!'. Poor him... I want some guidance/advice about when to say no and when to use other terms or behaviour so i don't feel bad and he doesn't feel like everything is 'Don't do it'. He's such a good boy but I still want to learn how to deal with tantrums and more.

A friend suggested, for example, a book by Gina Ford for potty training. I think it's great so if someone bought anything from GF that can share, it would be great.

Thanks

Paula

anothercuppaplease Mon 26-Nov-12 20:47:22

Book: The New Toddler Taming by Dr Christopher Green and How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk (maybe a bit later than toddler age).

I did not like the potty training book from Gina Ford at all. I thought it made it look too easy and really it sets unachievable objectives (or achievable only by a very few). Then you feel disapointed that it didn't work and keep on questioning what you are doing wrong. When some kids just take much longer for various reasons (it turned out DS has dyspraxia and there I was, worrying for absolutely ages that he wasn't potty trained in a week....)

MrsJamin Mon 26-Nov-12 21:13:14

Err... The mumsnet toddlers book?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now