can't take DD(4.5) anywhere!

(4 Posts)
BeerTricksPott3r Sat 24-Nov-12 21:16:10

It's a transition thing, between one stage of the day and the next.

Keep calm, focus on the next stage of what you are trying to do.
It will get better.

Billiekins Sat 24-Nov-12 21:06:18

Hey up, no real advice or tips from me but lots of empathy. Your dd is alot like my dd aged 5. You sound like you are doing all the right things e.g keeping calm, natural consequences for her actions.

I sometimes think they just need to let off a bit of steam and you as mother are the safest to do it with. It is very tiresome at times. You are doing a great job, I hope you had a better afternoon x

amirah85 Sat 24-Nov-12 14:28:20

Anyone?

amirah85 Sat 24-Nov-12 14:07:39

She has a huge tantrum at the end of almost every outing.I posted before about it.take today(bear with me may be long ang and boring).so we left the house around 10am,got on the bus(around 25 min),got to a cafe.dc had a hot choc with a pastry.this point DD was already getting silly/fidgety.bought some lunch to take away(meant to eat it later at the museum).
Then I took them to a museum,its a children friendly one,play area etc,maybe half an hour?tried to give them lunch,DD wanted crisp I told her I'm keeping it for when we get in the car if ur good,she started to sulk and tried after a while to kick me!this point I told her ur not having crisp.they refused lunch,so took them to the car,DD saying she's tired.got to the car,tantrum to get in carseat/wear belt,continues for a while whilst I'm driving.
Looks like calmed down,got home,she asks me to hold her umbreLla.I told her no,as I have a lot of things in my hand and we're home anyway,just need to get up the stairs.big tantrum again,I get home wait for her to come,she does,shouting she doesn't want to come in,- take her in anyway and wait for her
To calm down whilst she's kicking door screaming etc.
This kind of things happens a lot!
Now she has no crisp,no umbrella(since she throw it)no tv.
I keep calm,give her chance to calm down(stop it or no crisp etc) but nothing seems to work!It was a total time of about 3h from leaving home to being back so she couldn't be that tired?her 2 year old brother was walking same like her and not tired at all,I don't know where to go from here...sat now coloring having had lunch.
If u still reading,any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now