embarrassing baby/ Childs firsts

(10 Posts)
scampbeast Wed 21-Nov-12 21:23:13

We went to Tesco today and I didn?t have a £1 coin for the trollies, went to the kiosk for change and when we got back out to the trollies DS (3 ½ years) gave me a wonderful big smile then poked out a packet of Polo mints from inside his sleeve and said " look what I got" shock Needless to say I frog marched him back to the kiosk to give them back, say sorry, and gave him a stern warning that the police would take him away and lock him in a room with no toys if he did it again.
So I have a new entry for my babies firsts.. First shoplifting.
This gets to go along with such greats as....
The first time he called 999 and the police came to the door (Grans house not mine)
First time he had a tantrum in public.

I am considering making a little book of alternative firsts to give to my pregnant friends so they know what they are in for.
Anyone else had any embarrassing baby/ Childs firsts ?

ErmahgerdBlahdyCold Wed 21-Nov-12 21:27:27

First time you catch sick in your hands. And are pleased about it. I never thought I'd be so happy with a handful of vomit. grin

The other day I was at lunch with a friend and my DD, 14mo. She (DD!) stuck her hand into my pasta sauce as soon as it arrived and without thinking I just shoved her whole hand in my mouth to get rid of the tomatoey goop as I hadn't got her bib on yet. My friend looked disgusted grin

ZuleikaD Thu 22-Nov-12 05:30:25

Antoinette you should be proud of yourself, not embarrassed! That's an entirely sensible way to go and your friend probably hasn't got children.

mammyof5 Fri 23-Nov-12 00:02:00

have done all of the above lol

there are so many cant even think toilet ones are very blush

queuing mum i need a poo do you need one as well me no thanks very blush blush

answering the phone my mum is on the toilet shouts up whilst holding the phone mum are you having a poo. me running down the stairs to find them discussing my toilet habits with a stranger {blush}

yes for a while mine were obsessed with poo thank god they grew out of it lol

LDNmummy Fri 23-Nov-12 00:24:17

Went to a wedding held in a hotel last year. DD was just about 3 months old at the time and very cranky that day. I took her into the busy hotel entrance where they had a lovely huge seating area with a service providing tea etc..

It was very busy as I sat there trying to comfort her and a lot of people were admiring DD's cute little dress and complimenting me on how lovely she is. DD even at that age liked to be held up in the air and then swung back down gently so I thought I would try it to see if it would make her smile. On this one occasion though as I lifted her up above myself, she projectile vomited right down my dress. It actually flowed right through the gap in-between my breasts and straight down without staining the dress or making it wet. It flowed right down and into my tights blush

Everyone seemed to disappear back into their other conversations and drinking their tea's.

I very soon after found out that she was allergic to milk and that's why she had been so cranky. I had tried her with some formula the night before and she must have been feeling quite ill.

LDNmummy Fri 23-Nov-12 00:25:26

I do that too antoinette grin

The first time you rush them to a&e (ambulance optional) only for them to spend the next three hours running round full of beans charming the nurses

Wallison Fri 23-Nov-12 00:35:57

The first time he discovered he had a willy - round about 15 weeks. It was the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship.

Possibly the apex of it (so far - I know it will get worse) was reached when we were sat on a crowded train with him on my knee and he suddenly shoved his hand down his trousers and announced at ear-splitting volume that "Mummy! My willy's gone all big!" blush

fraktion Fri 23-Nov-12 00:39:31

The first time you realise they can hear you even if you swear really quietly and are completely charmed so wanderer round saying 'oh crap'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now