Unputdownable baby

(15 Posts)
AngelDog Sun 18-Nov-12 20:45:42

Yy to sling and to Ebaying the others. IME people involved with sling groups are lovely *& will often lend them out for you to try. Some groups run a sling 'library'.

IMO the best value ones are the sort you can use for back carries when baby is bigger eg Ergo, Connecta, Manduca. Great for cooking dinner with a fretful baby, or needing them out of your way while you have your hands and front completely unencumbered.

DS1 was like this until 3.5 months. Now 5 week old DS2 is the same - except it has to be me and me only wearing the sling. hmm

The other tip on sleep is to wait till they've been asleep about 15 mins - move their arm and see if it's really, really floppy. Then they're in deep sleep and are less likely to wake as soon as you put them down (though they may wake at the end of that first sleep cycle rather than sleep for longer, which is what DS2 does. He'll sleep for just 20 mins in his baby chair or 2-3 hours in the sling. DS1 was the same.)

sherbetpips Sun 18-Nov-12 16:25:43

My ds was the same. We found putting the pushchair in the kitchen and rocking him back and forth did the trick. If it was nice weather he went out in the garden.

CMOTDibbler Sun 18-Nov-12 16:23:48

If you post on their wall asking for help, you may well find that some of the mums would meet up with you in a cafe and let you their slings - I'd certainly do that (but don't live near you smile).

You most certainly can have a sausage inna bun. I have a special on soya rat onna stick too

Thanks CMOT have liked on FB so will see when next meet is.

P.S. can I have a sausage inna bun please? wink

CuriosityCola Sun 18-Nov-12 16:17:02

eBay the other two slings for funds. Baby B are not a good investment. Would recommend a local sling meet.

the north east sling library does postal loans! They have lots and lots of different ones you could try.

A stretchy wrap might work or if you feel happier with something a bit more structured something like a connecta.

hermioneweasley Sun 18-Nov-12 16:13:13

DD was like that. We also did slings/carriers. As least yours sleeps in Moses basket at night - I remember being proper up on pillows holding DD through the night.

CMOTDibbler Sun 18-Nov-12 16:07:38

If your profile is right then how about this group ?

We've got a baby bjorn type sling & he hates it sad. We also bought a bag-type one but then read they'd been recalled due to danger of suffocation so not really doing too well. I looked for a local sling meet but there aren't any & we really can't afford any more sling failures.

CuriosityCola Sun 18-Nov-12 15:51:30

CMOT cross post grin

Crying means they want something and at 8 weeks old that can be human contact.

<goes back to lentil weaving>grin

OhGood Sun 18-Nov-12 15:50:19

Mine did this. Wore her in a sling as much as I could. And just kept gently trying to put her down in same place with same stuff as at night. She eventually got it. Took me about a month, maybe six weeks. Empathise though as it's very tough. Good luck!

CuriosityCola Sun 18-Nov-12 15:49:32

My ds was like this. I ended up buying a sling, couldn't cope with the crying. He naps fine now in his cot or pushchair.

CMOTDibbler Sun 18-Nov-12 15:48:50

Its hard, but if you get a good sling, he'll be happy with you, and you'll have your hands free to do other things

Bonkerz Sun 18-Nov-12 15:48:28

Put one of your worn tops in the babies bed so your scent is there. Swaddle? It doesn't hurt a baby to cry briefly either. Remember its their only way of communicating and doesn't always mean they are upset.
Sorry if those suggestions are not helpful!

I have an 8 week old baby who refuses to nap if he's not being cuddled. If he drops off to sleep & I put him down he wakes & starts crying within minutes. He's fine at night in his Moses basket though. I also have a toddler so can't cuddle him all the time but find the crying really hard to deal with. Never had this with DS1 so unsure what to do, is it something he's likely to grow out of quickly, or is there anything I can do to get him to nap elsewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now